Saturday, September 17, 2011

Quilting Time


I recently got to make a baby quilt for a good friend's baby girl.  The fabric was collected from a mix of thrift stores and fabric store remnant piles.  I had most of the squares cut out long ago, and then they sat in a box waiting for just the right moment.


This is the third quilt I've ever made.  I've got a couple more baby showers coming up, so I'm hoping to be quilting again soon.  Because of their size, baby quilts are way less intimidating, so it seems like a good place for me to experiment with color and patterns.  I'm sure I'm doing things all wrong, but I'm having fun with it, and I'm pretty happy with the end result.

1 comment:

Grace Maria said...

Hooray Cherilyn! I love it. I haven't seen the third one but now this and your first one. I love it. Kaki and I are working on a baby quilt. Between us we have definitely over-complicated it. I love really pretty, square, patch quilts. I also like starting a project and finishing it in reasonable amounts of time. Kaki likes time-consuming ambitious projects that can take months to finish. You'll see what we're working on. In whatever state it ends up being by the time I see you. Haha. ....... MISS you. Can't wait to see you.